How do I sign up?
You can now sign up online by clicking here! Select an upcoming training and choose whether you would like to pay in full or put down a deposit to reserve your spot. A $500 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. To receive the Early Bird discount, your payment is due in full 3 months before the start of the program. Full payment is required a week before the start of the program unless a payment plan has been previously arranged.
What style of yoga does NJYTT teach?
NJYTT introduces and will help you to gain a basic understanding of various styles of yoga with a main emphasis on Vinyasa Hatha yoga with a strong focus on proper alignment and safety in form while flowing freely and comfortably from pose to pose. Vinyasa can be done at a slow or a quick pace depending on the level of the class and incorporates breath-work by encouraging transitioning at the pace of your breath.
Do I have to have an advanced yoga practice in order to take the training?
No, you do not need to be advanced in order to participate in the NJ Yoga Teacher Training program. This training program is appropriate even if you have no intention to teach but are trying to deepen your own personal practice. However, it is recommended but not required that you have at least 3 months of a consistent yoga practice before the start of the training program so that you start off with a basic foundation of how to do beginner level yoga poses before learning how to teach.
Are you Yoga Alliance accredited?
YES! Yoga Alliance is an international organization that was started in 1999 to create a standard for yoga teachers and teacher training schools to ensure that necessary topics are being thoroughly covered in certification programs to ensure thorough preparation for teaching yoga.
What does the tuition for the teacher training include?
- Teacher training manual written by Stephanie Parcells & Cynthia Romano
- Unlimited class membership to Indigo Yoga for the duration of the training program.
- Workshops and Seminars scheduled for the days of the Sunday Training Sessions
Who are the leaders of the teacher training?
Stephanie and Cynthia, daughter and mother, began practicing yoga together in 1999. In 2011 they immersed themselves in the study of yoga and shared the experience of becoming E-RYT 200 and RYT 500 Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructors. From there they continued to expand their yoga education through workshops and certifications in various styles of yoga as well as prenatal/postnatal yoga and children’s yoga. They have also advanced their spiritual exploration and knowledge in other areas of physical fitness by getting Reiki Level I, II, & III, CrossFit Level 1, and Strongman certified. They believe yoga is their “gift,” and the purpose of life is to give that gift to others. Stephanie opened Indigo Yoga in 2013 with the intention of fulfilling that purpose. In 2016 Stephanie and Cynthia started New Jersey Yoga Teacher Training with a vision of guiding others to find their gift and to teach them how to spread that gift and love of yoga.
What will I learn in the 200-hour training?
- Teaching techniques and alignment points in yoga poses including modifications, variations, and use of props. How to identify and fix misalignments.
- How to identify misalignments and how to cue
- Sequencing and time management in preparing a creative and effective class
- Anatomy applied to yoga postures, including various common ailments
- Prenatal Yoga
- The history of yoga
- Yoga philosophy and lifestyle
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Meditation, Mantras, and Chanting
- Teaching methodology
- The business of yoga and how to effectively market and price your services
What if I don’t want to be a teacher?
That’s not a problem! NJYTT’s 200-hour training is ideal for those who want to learn more about yoga to enhance their own practice and immerse themselves in the yoga community, culture, and lifestyle. Learning to become comfortable leading a class will be a bonus for you 😉
What are the requirements to graduate the 200-hour certification?
In order to graduate from the program you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Tuition must be paid in full.
- Attendance of teacher training sessions (or completed make-up sessions)
- Completion of required class hours, practice teaching hours, and study hours and submission of log of record of completed hours.
- Completion and submission of assignments.
- Participation of final practice teaching practicum.
How much does the teacher training cost?
$3250 or receive $500 off when you sign up at least 3 months in advance.